Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Differences in people

Today I invited two different acquaintances of mine to a christian conference that is going on this weekend in Atlanta, GA. 

One of them was so happy, and said: "that's where it's at! Thanks Charity!! High five! I'll try my best to come!"

The second however said: "me and Christian conferences, they just don't go together. Sorry."

God knows who and what He wants. I felt discouraged... But I know, that i took a chance, and now it's in the Lord's hands. It is hard to know who and when the Lord wants me to speak to, but I'm just going to continue on and pray for them both. The Lord works miracles.  

2 comments:

  1. Neither of them are saved? Or both are saved? I was explaining to someone the other day, when we first met the home church it was soooo incredibly different from any other christian experience. It was very overwhelming. I think at first it feels like Christians following the home church seemed like an impossible standard that almost made me want to throw my hands in the air and just be like whatever. Just hang in there, some of us have a better relationship with God 1on1. Maybe if your second friend(aquaintance or whatever)were to have a chance at some of the reading material. Maybe he would feel a little more inclined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they are both saved. I don't know specifics, but they have both at some point talked with me about God. I do know the second one grew up catholic. The first is more open to talking about God than the second is though. However, I have spoken with both of them on previous separate occasions where they both seened to be very open to visiting my church. I was surprised with the seconds response because in the past he said "I don't have a home base church that I attend regularly, but I like to visit new churches every Sunday." Thus, his response surprised me.

      However, I have given them both a study Bible, and when you order them (the free new testament) you receive free books with them also. Here is a link: http://www.biblesforamerica.org/mvc/products/books/select

      they have both told me they have them, that however doesnt mean they have read them. I just trust the Lord will speak to them in His own way somehow, someday. For now I will keep them in my prayers!

      Delete